WZZN OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES:
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. ALL U.S.
FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS
APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. HOW TO ENTER: To participate in any contest, listen to WZZN or register at a sponsor location and follow the instructions given by the on-air personality to win. WARNING: Online listeners to streaming broadcasts my experience a lag in transmissions due to buffering limitations. Contest participants should not rely on streamed broadcasts to participate in any contest.
3. ELIGIBILITY: All WZZN contests are open only to Alabama residents that are between the ages of 18 and 80 at the time of entry. Employees of Reynolds Technical Associates, LLC, Great South Wireless, LLC, WZZN, other radio stations, promotional sponsors, and all affiliated companies (and the immediate family members of all such
employees, and all other with whom they are domiciled) are not eligible to participate in any contest. The term immediate families include spouses, grandparents, siblings, children, and grandchildren. Any winning contestant must be the participant who originally dialed the phone to the radio station or registered at the proper location to participate in the contest. No family members, friends, office associates, or any other person will be allowed to participate in any contest on another person’s behalf. The contestant must provide their own name and own social security number. If a contestant uses a false name or social security number, they will be immediately disqualified from the contest and be ineligible to win any prize, and such conduct may be considered fraudulent and may result in legal ramifications or disqualification from participating in any future contests. Persons who have won another contest or promotion of any kind from WZZN within forty-five, (45) calendar days before the contest date are ineligible to win. Difficulties with phone lines to enter the contest or getting to WZZN studios to claim prizes are not the responsibility of WZZN.
4. PRIZES: The Winner will be notified of prize via telephone and/or email.
5. ODDS: The odds of qualifying to win a contest depend on the number of people attempting to participate in any contest at any given time.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCE: The Winner may waive his or her right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable, non-transferable, and must be picked up by the winner with valid identification. No family members, friends, office associates, or any other person will be allowed to pick up a winner’s prize at any time. No prize substitutions allowed, except individual components of prize packages that are subject to availability and WZZN reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. The Winner is solely responsible for the reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. As a condition of receiving the contest prize, the Winner will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility and a liability and publicity release, which must be signed at the time the winner claims his/her prize at the WZZN Business Office. Failure to sign the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may, at the sole discretion of WZZN, and Great South Wireless, LLC, result in winner's disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize. Except where prohibited, participation in any contest constitutes the Winner's consent to the publication of his or her name and image in on-air promotional announcements and other promotional material from WZZN, and Great South Wireless, LLC, and on the Great South Wireless, LLC Interactive Web sites, and to the inclusion of his or her name and image in any other related publications or Web sites for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or additional compensation. Once winners have been given notification of their prize, they will have thirty, (30) days (business days) to pick up said prize at the WZZN studios during regular business hours. Failure to collect the prize within thirty (30) business days of prize availability constitutes forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited, the prize will remain the property of WZZN/Great South Wireless, LLC. Another winner may be selected. All decisions of WZZN are final. The Winner's list may be obtained by sending a request with self-addressed, stamped envelope to P. O. Box 383174, Birmingham, AL 35238, Attention “Contest Name List."
7. PARTICIPATION: Participation in any contest constitutes an agreement by each contestant to comply with these Official Rules. WZZN and Great South Wireless, LLC reserves the right to cancel or modify any contest if it determines, in its sole discretion, that fraud or technical failures have destroyed the integrity of any contest.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By entering any contest, contestant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the contest but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will any contestant be permitted to obtain any award for, and contestant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
9. CONSTRUCTION: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the contestant and Great South Wireless, LLC in connection with any contest, shall begoverned by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Alabama, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Alabama, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Alabama. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
10. GENERAL RELEASE: By entering any WZZN contest, contestants release WZZN, Great South Wireless, LLC, any other promotional sponsors, and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with any contest or with the acceptance, possession, or use of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light).
11. All Contests on WZZN are sponsored by WZZN, Great South Wireless, LLC, P. O. Box 383174, Birmingham, AL 35238 whose decisions regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of any contest shall be final and binding in all respects. WZZN, and/or Great South Wireless, LLC, will not be responsible for typographical, printing or
other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other contest materials. If you have any questions regarding WZZN contests, please contact the Promotions and Marketing Department, WZZN via email to Joan Reynolds.